Monday, September 21, 2009

Test results are in...

We just got back from the hospital a little while ago, and everything went well. We had an ultrasound and a non-stress test. The ultrasound didn't really tell us much (I was hoping for a guesstimate on weight and such), mostly because the tech didn't really seem to know what was going on. He asked me what he was supposed to measure! I don't know--aren't you the expert? He measured the fluid levels and said the doctor would look at them later. Whatever.

The non-stress test went well, and they said the baby looks great. My doctor said I could schedule an induction for either tomorrow or Thursday (the doctor won't be around Wednesday), so I chose Thursday in hopes that Katie will come on her own before then. :)

So, unless something exciting happens that's not baby-related, the next post on here should be baby pictures! Thank you all for your sweet, encouraging comments and for not thinking I'm too crazy for wanting to go natural. (I welcome any advice on natural childbirth that you have to offer, by the way.) I'm so excited for our little bundle of joy to be here!

5 comments:

Staci said...

I really hope she comes before Thurs for your sake, but if you end up being induced...just ask them to start the pitocin SLOWLY & let the labor kick in on its own!

As for advice for going natural...I don't really know. For me I just kept reminding myself that it is TEMPORARY pain. No matter how bad it got, I knew it would be over soon & thankfully I had a quick labor. The only relief I got was Matt pushing as hard as he could on my back during contractions-it helps a ton!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Scott and Emily said...

I ended up being induced with Elizabeth. It made me nervous because I preferred for the baby to come when she was ready, but everything went really smoothly. (I did ask for the epidural several hour into labor though.) I hope everything goes great for you!

Tony and Traci said...

Poor girl! I'm sure you are just so anxious to get this little girl into the world. I hope that everything goes well. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I'm really starting to feel a lot better now. Seriously, call me.

Valerie said...

Good for you. I was pretty natural, and I have to say that despite what many other women think, breathing does work. It doesn't get rid of the pain (which is probably why so many women say it doesn't work), but it helps to handle it while you wait for each darn contraction to end. That and holding my hubby's hand. I also had a heat pack for my sore leg muscles.

Good luck!!!!!!

Jonestown said...

I agree TEMPORARY only temporary. Breathing works! It helps keep you focused and allows you to concentrate on working with each contraction - not against them. Katie will be here soon!! YEAAAAHH.