Sunday, September 13, 2009

40 Weeks!

Well, we made it. I'll admit, part of me was hoping that I wouldn't "get" to post a 40-week picture, but I did. (I even had Dave take a 39-week picture, just in case.) I'm still very much pregnant. And I'm not a huge fan of this picture, because I look pretty run-down, but it's only because it was taken late at night. But enough with the excuses--here's my belly:

I still feel amazingly good for being about to pop, but emotionally/mentally the pregnancy is wearing on me. I get really excited whenever I have a real (i.e. painful) contraction, so you know that something's not right! ;) The only physical symptom I can complain about is that Katie apparently has easy access to my sciatic nerve and likes to hit it quite frequently, sending me into a spasm of pain. She actually did that a few minutes ago while Dave was taking my picture, and it resulted in quite an interesting picture. (Let me know if you're interested in seeing it--I'll think about posting it.) Oh, and I started getting stretch marks two days ago. TWO DAYS AGO! I think that's pretty unfair.

Anyway, I feel like I'm rambling, so I'll end this post. Think happy thoughts for us, and hopefully we'll have baby pictures to share soon!

6 comments:

akidd said...

I'm pretty wigged out that the human being inside of you is bigger than Lorena was when we met her (probably by at least 2 or 3 pounds). You're amazing, Leash! By the way, you were in another dream last night, but I think you were being really RUDE. Haha, that would NEVER happen so I thought it was funny. Good luck with the delivery! I hope for the sake of your beautiful skin that it happens soon and you don't get any more stretch marks!

Jonestown said...

I love the 40 week pic and I am interested in the funny one! Have a great day and get a nap!

Jill said...

i think its unfair that you were stretch mark free until 2 days ago! you still look great and i cant wait for pics of the baby OUT of your tummy!

The Bowles said...

you look great! can't wait to meet that little princess of yours. she'll be here soon:) p.s. your pink and white blanket is stunning. so jealous of your skills. she'll love that for the rest of her life!

The Standrings said...

you barely started getting stretch marks? wow, what's your secret?? good luck with the delivery. can't wait to see pics!

Staci said...

I'm sorry you made it to your 40 week pic...but you do look great AND I'm glad you are doing so good & not (too) miserable! Hope she makes her grand entrance soon! :)

I think I got stretch marks the day I found out I was pregnant...
so consider yourself lucky you lasted this long:)