Saturday, September 12, 2009

The dishwasher

(Forgive me, I know the title is boring, and I know the post is going to be boring too. But I have to find some way to pass the time. So you get to hear about our new dishwasher.)

Since we moved into this apartment (2 years ago), we've had a pretty ancient dishwasher. See?


The tips on the prongs had all been worn down, leaving rusted metal ends that (1) scraped the Teflon off one of my pans and (2) left many, many rust stains on my pretty white dishes. But we never complained, because at least it worked pretty well. Then, a few weeks ago, I opened it after a cycle to see that the soap was all clumped at the bottom. I thought that was weird, so I ran it again (with some fresh soap), and the same thing happened. I told our manager, who bought me some Cascade (because we had Target brand soap) and said to see if that helped. It didn't. (I'll admit I was a little bit smug--I'm all about saving money on store brands, and didn't think using Cascade would make a difference.) So I called the manager, and he said he was busy but would get back to us. Two weeks later (yes, I was getting a little antsy about my progressing pregnancy AND having to rinse all my dishes after running them through the dishwasher), he came by and said they would be replacing the dishwasher. Woohoo! So, this past Wednesday, we got this beautiful dishwasher installed:


It's pretty basic, but it works great! Yay for new stuff!

(I am going to miss that wood paneling, though...)

1 comment:

Jonestown said...

Fresh and clean - just in time for Kate!