Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Valentine's Day

It's never too late to post cute pictures, right? I figure that while I'm on a blogging kick, I'll do a post about our Valentine's Day! It was a nice day because neither Dave nor I had work so we got to spend time together as a family! (He works Tuesday through Thursday and I usually sub on Mondays and Fridays, but my district had a "Winter Break" the week of V-day, so no jobs! :) ) It was a pretty relaxed day, and that was just what we needed.

[SIDENOTE:]
First, on January 19th, Gracie and I decided we better make some Valentine's cookies, mostly because Dave had gotten me a 101-piece cookie cutter set that had 5 or 6 different heart shapes in it. So here's my little baker:
Of course I don't have any pictures of the cookies! Don't ask silly questions... ;)

Unfortunately, I didn't make a very good roll-out recipe, so we ended up just making a couple hearts and then a roll of dough to cut into slices. But the cookie-cutter part was fun (and goopy and messy) while it lasted!

Then, on February 3rd, Gracie decided that she wanted to wear the perfect Valentine's Day outfit. And so she picked one out and wore it. And I think she did a pretty good job! (I have no idea why she was inspired this day, but it was adorable!)

On Valentine's Day morning, Dave took the girls to the store and bought me some delicious Lindor truffles and this beautiful rose:

I had told Dave that I didn't need flowers this year, but he said he "couldn't not" get me a flower. I loved it, and it stayed beautiful for a really long time!
Then we visited with Grammy and Gramps, who gave each of the girls a cute red heart filled with candy:
 Then Grandma and Grandpa came and brought marshmallow suckers for the girls to eat:
And then while Katie napped (or was it a sugar-induced coma?), Gracie and I made Jello heart jigglers! Fun and yummy!
That afternoon the girls got valentines (with money!) in the mail from Grandma and Grandpa Nelson, and that night Nana, Papi, and Uncles Mike and J came over and brought even more goodies - cookies and cupcakes and brownies, oh my! (Valentine's Day is the new Halloween, haven't you heard?) :)

Actually, all joking aside, we feel so blessed to have so much family around who shower us with love! Gracie also made valentines for many family members and did such a good job. She asked me to write down their names and then she would copy the letters, draw them a picture, and put stickers all over it! (Funny story: She made a valentine for Mimi, writing M-I-M-I on it and drawing a picture for her. Next she made a card for Grandpa, but when Dave wrote out "Grandpa" on a piece of paper for her to copy she looked at it for a while and then said, "That word is too big. I will just draw him a picture." :) )

I love my sweet husband and girlies! Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Jackson Family said...

so cute!

Jonestown said...

Cute, cute and cute. Love the jello jigglers!