I just thought I'd let you all know that the stitch removal went very well on Wednesday. We went to the ER at about 8:30 AM (we figured everyone who was sick/injured would be going to their regular doctor), and we got right in! Unfortunately, we were assigned the same nurse to remove the stitches! Can you believe that? When we saw her, Dave and I both thought, "Uh-oh!" She greeted us very warmly, though, and talked to Gracie really sweetly. We waited a few minutes while they prepped everything in the other room, and then the nurse and her assistant came out to get Gracie ready. Gracie was not happy (of course), but this time they wrapped her in the sheet and then let me lay next to her so she could see and feel me the whole time. Then the assistant and Dave held her still while the nurse pulled off the tape and snipped the stitches, and it was all over in about 2 minutes! Afterwards, the nurse got Gracie an orange popsicle, and Gracie said, "Thank you, Lady!" and they were good friends from then on. It was a little strange (like, Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde strange) to have two such opposite experiences with that nurse, but we were sure grateful that we ended on a positive note. We still feel that she handled the suturing very poorly, but maybe she was just having a bad day or something. Anyway, that's our story!
Her cut is healing nicely, so here's a picture taken today (7/27/09). We think it looks great!



4 comments:
I'm glad you had a better experience with the nurse. You have to remember that people who work in the ER have a very stressful job. They deal with the bottom 10% of the IQ pool most of the day and a lot of their patients are real jerks on top of being incredibly stupid. She was probably at the end of a difficult shift when you went in the last time. I'm glad she and Gracie got along in the end :)
I meant the first time, not the last time.
i didn't know Grace got hurt :( so, sad! The ER can be horrible sometimes. I had to go there last week and I had the worst nurse every. I was shocked by half the things he said. Well, she looks like she's doing better. Let us know if you need anything.
You're such good parents. As for the scar, you could always try Bio-Oil (if they have it down there). It's great for scars AND stretch marks. Double wammy!
Post a Comment