Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Just a little paranoid...

Have any of you visited the blog "Seriously, So Blessed?" I was introduced to it last week, and I definitely got some chuckles out of it!!! Basically, it pokes fun at how young married LDS women write their blogs--y'know, how their lives are perfect and all? Well, ever since I first read it, I've started to become paranoid about how I write blog entries (hence my lack of blogging lately). I don't want to sound like that, but I also don't want to talk about everything bad that happens either, y'know? Where's the balance?

So I guess there's really no point to this post. Just had to get that off my chest. And please know that, no matter what I write or how I write it, I don't think I'm better than any of you who are reading this. I'm very glad to have blogging as a way to keep in touch and share our lives with each other. And I'm glad for people who write blogs like the one above so that we can get a good laugh now and then--that's important too!

And just for kicks, here's a funny picture we took of Gracie wearing my pants. She could be the next Jared from the Subway commercials! Finally got those last 100 pounds off!




9 comments:

Dan and Wendi Roberts said...

Alli, I'm so glad you found me and left a comment on my blog. I'm new at this blogging thing so when I find somebody (or they find me) that I haven't talked to for a while, I get so excited. Your little Grace is SO cute! All your mom's bragging doesn't do Grace justice. What a little cutie. I will have fun checking up on you now. So do you think there is any hope of getting Jenni to start blogging? Maybe we should double team her huh!?!

Valerie said...

I don't think you have anything to worry about. That blog was way over-the-top and it kind of causes a pep overload, doesn't it? (But it did make me wonder how I come across in my posts.)

Proud 2 Protect said...

ha ha! love the pictures of cute Gracie:)

I get people who make fun of "bloggers" & their "perfect lives" all of the time...but I mostly just laugh, because I think LDS women KNOW that our lives are FAR from perfect, but who wants to journal about all the bad stuff all of the time! I love your blog, so I wouldn't think twice about it! When I "blog" I think of it as writing in my journal...I'm not going to write anything I don't want my children to one day read...

Staci said...

by the way...that last comment was from ME, not my husband!

Kristine and Adam Ninow said...

Love it! Is Grace now into trying on every piece of clothing she finds?

Jackson Family said...

Grace is so cute in your pants! LOL.... its a baby subway commercial!

Jill said...

I checked out that blog and found it hilarious. Especially the one about being three weeks pregnant. Love it. Personally, I have to put up a front because I don't want my friends to know that I'm really an alcoholic illegal alien who lets my child watch Jerry Springer all day. Hehe. I love your blog and reading about your fun family. You've given something to think about. Maybe next time I won't sugar-coat things.... it'll be raw Barnes Fam.

Anna said...

Uh. you have NOTHING to worry about. You're one of the most sincere people I know. you also write more intelligently than that (THANK GOODNESS). I could barely make through the first post.

We love you lil' Licia

Crystal said...

Alicia, I have seen things like that before too, and have known people who complain about how LDS women blog about perfect lives... but personally, I've NEVER seen a blog that was like that... and yours certainly isn't either! I don't think you have anything to be paranoid about. I love your blog and it seems very real. I love those pictures of Grace in your pants... what a cute and silly litte girl!