Saturday, October 08, 2005

Dave's New Job

As you all know, I've been looking for a job for a while. I'd turned in a lot of applications and had a couple of interviews, but nothing ever came of them. One day after a haircut, Ali and I stopped by ShopKo because it was close and we thought it'd probably have what we needed (cups for a party). I saw a "Now Hiring" sign, so later that afternoon I applied over the internet. A few days later I was called and asked to go in for an interview. I signed my applications, took a drug test and talked with one of the managers named Kent. He said that he needed someone for the Sales floor, and noticed that I had applied to that position (in addition to a few others). He said that he'd probably want to give me a job and that I'd probably work on the sales floor, but he needed to wait for the drug test and background check. I called later that week and was told to call the next week. I called the next week and was asked to come in immediately, but this time I interviewed with someone else. Someone who hired me on the spot and said that she could put me on as a cashier, but would rather put me on as customer service. I said ok. I came back for training and found out that I was a Customer Service Specialist. Even better than I had previously thought. So far my job has been great. I like the people and the atmosphere. I have been working hard to learn everything I need to know (which has been hindered since the people who train me often don't know what is going on) and have made a lot of progress. I hope this job turns out to be as wonderful as it promises to be. (I'm sure it will) The extra money will help a lot. In fact, it really isn't extra money, but much needed money.

2 comments:

Steve said...

That is a good example of persistence. You kept applying for jobs untill you got one. Way to be.

-Steve

PS You been paid yet? Paid day is my favorite work day. (That kinda rhymes)

Dave said...

You probably know by now, but yes I finally did get paid. I went in with Alicia on Sunday after church (the quietest time of the week) and my good friend Patty went and got my check for me. I agree, pay day is the best day. Oh, and thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it.