Monday, September 12, 2005

New Semester, New Apartment, New Friends

Hello Persons of all ages, life goes on. Our new classes are now in their 3rd week. I am enjoying my classes, but they are keeping me busy. They're much more demanding than my last 2 classes. I love learning about psychology. I have learned so much about psychology and especially the way my mind works. (Bite your tongue!) My writing class isn't difficult, but it just takes a lot of time. My teacher is, uhhh, very "enthusiastic". We'll just say that. Good times. Anyway, we still love our apartment. It's age and flaws just aren't that important because it's good qualities and features more than make up for it. I posted some pictures and will likely post more. There are tons of new people in our ward and we have had a great time making new friends. Last week some of those new peoples (The Goodriches, no relation to the Modesto folks) invited us to go hiking on Labor Day. We were quite excited to go. So extremely early Monday morning (like 9:00) we hopped in their car and went up to Aspen Grove. There we started on the trailhead to Stewart Falls. It has been a while since I have done any hiking, and though it wasn't that bad of a trail, it almost killed me. In a good way. Way to much hiking uphill. I was about to say "and not enough hiking downhill", but then I realized that the downhill I liked on the way in, was the uphill that almost killed me on the way out. It's a good thing I think before I talk. Anyway, at the falls, we sat on some extremely uncomfortable rocks, and watched insane people dunk themselves in freezing water while we ate our picnic lunch. The main attraction (of the lunch anyway) was Ali's famous no-bake cookies. Mmmmmmm. The next morning my legs were so incredibly sore I had trouble getting out of bed, not to mention walking. So, life is good and stuff. We're good. Peace.

No comments: