I thought I'd shake things up a little bit and post for once. Well, we've made it passed the halfway mark. In fact, this week finishes round 2 of chemo. Only 1 round left. Things have gone so much better than expected. The doctor continues to be amazed at how well I've been handling things. She told me she's never had a patient handle chemo so well. I feel very blessed. There have been times that I'll get to the end of the day and will still feel pretty good, even though I know I shouldn't. For example, the 15 hour (door to door day where I had surgery and 7+ hours of chemo. When we got home that night, I still felt good and even energetic. I actually felt quite amazing. I definitely believe in the power of prayer.
Getting treatments really is like a full time job for the whole family. Since I can't drive, and have significantly less energy than normal, that really puts a lot more pressure on Alicia. But in addition to all of the prayers, people have been so kind in providing food, rides and babysitting for us. I really don't know if things would be going as well without all of the love and support. I am truly grateful to everyone. Three more weeks of chemo and then they'll run all the tests again to see how things stand. At that point UCSF will probably take over my case again and decide what to do next, if anything. Keep your fingers crossed.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I'm glad it is going so well. I'll keep praying that everything goes that way it should.
Post a Comment