Sunday, February 07, 2010

Almost halfway done!

Hey there! Sorry I haven't updated in a little while. I read other people's blogs all the time, but then I forget that I haven't written on ours!

So, as of this coming Wednesday, Dave will be halfway through his chemo treatment--can you believe it?! He's still doing much better than his doctor expected, and we are very grateful for that (and we know that all the prayers have made that happen). This past week was pretty exhausting for all of us, though. To start with, on Monday he had surgery to put a chemo port in his chest, and then headed over to the doctor's office for 7 hours of chemo. So that day, we left at 5:45 AM and got home just before 9 PM. And we had both girls, because lots of people were sick and unable to watch Gracie. Yes, LONG DAY! However, at the end of the day, Dave and I could only count our blessings, because (1) the surgery finally happened (it had been postponed a couple of times before) and there were no complications, (2) Dave's grandpa came with us, and was an incredible help with everything, and (3) the girls did so well, and Gracie was a very good listener the whole time. :) Then, Dave had 7-hour treatments on Tuesday through Thursday, so he was very exhausted by Friday. He mostly rested this weekend, and he seems to be feeling better now. He goes in tomorrow and Tuesday for more chemo, but then he'll have the rest of the week off.

Okay, probably more info than you needed, but just want to keep you all updated. We truly feel so blessed in so many ways. We have been overwhelmed at the outpouring of prayers, service, love, and support from everyone and really want to thank you all. We know that everything will be fine, and we are looking forward to getting back to "normal" life.

You have now arrived at the part of the post where I share the latest cute pictures of our girls. If you're tired of these pictures, feel free to leave the blog now. (But I must warn you--you'll be missing out!) Enjoy!

I finally got around to taking a picture of Katie in her Christmas dress (oops!). Good thing it was a little big on her!





Gracie thought this candy necklace from Nana was the coolest thing EVER! Candy and jewelry?! What could be better?

How many little fat rolls can you count on Katie's tummy? (I made those, by the way. I'm just sayin'.)

Adorable matching PJ's from the Mauchley and Harvey families. Thanks guys!

(P.S. I think this is one of the cutest pictures we have of our girls!)

5 comments:

Scott and Emily said...

Yay! Glad things are going well for you.

Cute girls!!!

Staci said...

So glad he is halfway & doing well. Keep us posted & you are always in my prayers!

Those pictures of your girls are SOOO cute! i love the Christmas dresses & the one of them in the matching pj's, little Katie's face is ADORABLE!:)

Tony and Traci said...

Thats awesome that Dave is at the half way point and things are going better than expected. I love the pictures of the girls. So cute!

Valerie said...

You know, they could be Christmas and/or Valentine's Day photos. Always a silver lining!

SO glad to hear that Dave is doing as well as he is.

P.S. Okay, the word verification is "throb", and your blog is covered with hearts. Coincidence? I think not.

Katie said...

They are SOO cute. Look like good buddies to me! We're thinking of you guys! Let us know if you need anything.