Sunday, August 16, 2009

36 Weeks--almost there!

Today is my 36-week mark, and everyone's getting pretty excited! I think everyone else (i.e. Dave, our families, friends) is more anxious than I am for her to arrive, though, which sounds bad, but let me explain. I'm okay with still having a few weeks until she comes because (1) I feel like there's so much to do (cleaning, organizing, other preparations) that I haven't gotten to yet*, (2) it's much easier to take care of her when she's inside me than once she's born--right now I don't have to worry about feedings or diapers or crying or waking up in the middle of the night; and (3) I'm getting a little stressed about how to take care of a 3-year-old (who is just entering her "asserting my independence"stage) and a newborn who needs all of my attention, both at the same time! (If you have any advice on that last one, feel free to send it my way.) But, despite all those things, I really am excited to meet our new little girl and get to hold her, and see who she looks like, etc. Especially when she moves around a lot, and there's no denying that there's another person inside of me, I get really excited for her to be here!

So, here's today's picture:


And just a couple notes about what's going on these days:
  • Katie moves around a lot still--she doesn't let the cramped quarters dampen her movements. I get very uncomfortable most nights around midnight, because that is her most active time and she likes to move!
  • I've been having lots and lots of Braxton-Hicks contractions, much more than with Gracie, and some are even a little painful. I'm hoping that means that labor will go faster this time around. (fingers crossed)
  • Things I miss the most right now: having pockets on my pants (why don't they put them on maternity clothes?), being able to bend over, sleeping on my back, and being able to chase Gracie and actually catch up to her!
  • At my appointment on Friday, I asked my doctor if she could estimate the baby's size, and she said she would guess (based on feeling from the outside) that Katie is about 6 pounds now.
  • Aside from the occasional discomforts, I'm still feeling really good and am enjoying this stage of pregnancy. :)
Well, that's all! Only one more belly shot after this, and then we'll have baby pictures to share! Woohoo!


*I know, I know--I probably won't actually finish all those projects, but I can dream, can't I?!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So excited for you! Cant wait to check in and see the new one!
Good luck to you all & blessings!
You'll survive this crazy motherhood just as the rest of us have! Love ya

Anjanette said...

Right before Sadie was born I felt exactily the same way. Too much still to be done and way more easier to take care of inside. I really hate when people complain and complain about the end of their pregnancy for just that fact. My advice is to spend quality time with Gracie and with Dave and relax. She will come when she comes and everything will change once she does. For me it was for the better. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

Jonestown said...

There will be time after they are grown to do all of these things. Live in each moment now, clean later!!
This I have learned.

Tony and Traci said...

I'm glad you are doing well still. I am excited for you. I too am looking forward to being able to sleep the way I want and being able to go more than an hour without having to get up to go to the restroom.

Jill said...

ok, so i check your blog a million times a day hoping there will be pictures of your new baby!! i'm scheduled to be induced on the 8th if nothing happens before then. i'm excited that our kids will be so close in age! good luck and post something ASAP!