Sunday, June 28, 2009

29 Weeks!

With Father's Day and all last week, I never got around to doing a 28-week picture and post, so I'll make up for it with a 29-week post.

(If my mouth looks a little funny, it's 'cause I'm eating a mint. Just FYI.)

I'm still feeling really good and enjoying being pregnant. I've been exercising more this pregnancy than I did last time, and that's really helped with my energy level (and with keeping weight gain under control). :) Katie is still a mover and a shaker, and Dave and I are constantly amazed at how much I can feel and we can see her move. There must be a lot to see and do inside of me, 'cause she is always twisting, turning, and kicking! Gracie wasn't a big mover when I was pregnant with her, so it's been fun to feel lots more movement this time around. We're a little nervous about trying to keep up with this baby once she's born, though--hopefully she won't wear us out too badly with all that energy she has!

The weather has been very kind to me so far this year, and it didn't really start warming up until this past week. Since it's gotten warm, though, I've definitely been feeling it! I've noticed that I don't feel much different than usual (i.e. not pregnant) when I'm in the heat, but it takes me a LOT longer to cool down once I get out of the heat. I think the swimming pool and cool showers will be my favorite things this summer! Other than the heat, though, I'm doing well!

Well, that's it! And, as a reward for getting through all that, here's a picture of my little blue-tongued Grace. (Our bishop gives out candy after church, and this week she chose a blue Jolly Rancher. Can you tell? :) )

4 comments:

Scott and Emily said...

Hiya Leash!

Do you take a picture every week of your pregnancy. You're on top of things! I haven't taken any!

I've got a little less than six weeks to go. Since you've been through it once, tell me: I'm I going to survive the labory/delivery thing? I went to my first childbirth class last week, and it's got me kinda freaked out!

Love ya,
Emily

P.S. Your mom is so excited to come see you this week!

Scott and Emily said...

(I totally didn't read that before I posted it. Sorry bout all the typos!) :o)

Valerie said...

How fun to compare the similarities and differences!

James kicked like crazy--hardly ever stopped really, even during hard labor he was just have a dance party or something. My mother said that it doesn't mean he'll be a crazy child, but considering how energetic he is now I'm thinking she was probably wrong about him. He's going to have me running laps around the house before I know it. Good luck!

Audra said...

you are such a cute pregnant lady i love it. and gracie has a very long tongue!