Sunday, May 24, 2009

24 Weeks!

Time for another belly shot! (I'm aiming for once every 4 weeks, in case I never stated that. I probably didn't.)



By the way, in case you didn't notice the change on our sidebar, we have decided to name our little girl Kate. We haven't decided on a middle name, but we're not going to reveal it until after she's born anyway (that's what we did with Gracie). Oh, and we'll probably call her Katie as a nickname.

I'm feeling great and am loving this stage of pregnancy. Here are some of the specific things I'm loving:
  • It's fairly obvious now that I'm pregnant, and not just gaining weight.
  • Along those same lines, it's nice to be out in public and get those "Awww, she's pregnant..." looks from strangers, but not yet the "Watch out--that baby must be coming anytime!" looks (or comments) from them at the same time.
  • I can move around pretty easily--not too clumsy yet. :)
  • The baby is small enough that she's got lots of room to move, so I get to feel her moving, squirming, and kicking a lot! Dave and Gracie also get to feel and see her move a lot too, which is fun for them.
  • No aches and pains yet (except my feet if I have to sit or stand for a long time during the day).
There are a few minor "negatives" I've been feeling lately, so I'll record them for posterity:
  • I've had several people say things about how you get so much bigger the second time around, and I'm never sure how to take that comment. Does that mean I look way bigger this time around, or are they just warning me? So far, I don't feel way bigger, so I'm hoping they're just preparing me in case that happens.
  • "Mommy brain" is definitely starting to kick in lately. This past week I completely forgot about 2 places I was supposed to go. One was an appointment that, thankfully, can be rescheduled without too much trouble, and the other was mutual! I felt like such a ditz! Fortunately, I didn't have to bring/do anything for mutual, so they were fine without me there, but it was pretty embarrassing. I guess it's time to start using the "Calendar" feature on my phone for everything!
  • About the only problem I have physically when I'm pregnant is that my feet and legs swell a lot, beginning about now and getting worse through the end of pregnancy. I'm glad that's my only complaint, but it sure gets annoying. I've been subbing a lot more since Dave finished the semester, and standing so much makes them swell more, so I've been taking advantage of the feet/leg rubs that he is so sweet to offer! :)
Well, that's about it! I'll try to post something non-pregnancy-related in the next couple of days. Bye!

3 comments:

Tony and Traci said...

Wow, where have I been? Sorry I have been so absent minded about looking at your blog. Congratulations on your baby girl! Kate is a very cute name. I have heard you just start showing sooner, but you definitely are still tiny. I had someone look at me kinda weird last night going up the stairs for the movie theater. The girl wasn't too discrete about mentioning it to her boyfriend. I don't know if it was a good or bad. Hopefully good

Jonestown said...

You are adorable - it DOESN"T matter what other people say - it matters that you feel good and are healthy. I think you look fabulous.

Jill said...

Um... to me, it's definitely NOT fairly obvious that you are pregnant! You and I are about the same number of weeks along and you are itty bitty compared to my huge ol' belly! You look great and the name Kate is super cute and goes well with Grace.