I'm not yet the type of wife/mother who goes all out for every holiday, although I hope to someday make holidays more special. Well, today I took a step in the right direction! I got up and made green pancakes for Dave, Gracie, and me. (Dave had to leave for school before they were all finished, so he took his "to go.") Here is a picture of Gracie with the table all ready for her and me to eat our green goodness. We sat at her little table and had a grand time. I always pre-cut her pancakes, so she had lots of fun identifying the square- and triangle-shaped pieces. We realized there was a problem, however, because she couldn't find any star-shaped ones, so I used some ingenuity and cut one of her pieces into a (not-so-perfect) star. She was very pleased, and we sang "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" before she ate it. I tell ya, eating a meal one-on-one with a 2 1/2-year-old is one of life's true joys. And I mean that. Here's a picture of her all ready to eat some green pancakes.

(that blue sippy cup is hers from yesterday, by the way, and just happened to be next to my cup; I'm not that uncoordinated yet!)Now, that was about as far as my St. Patrick's Day creativity went (besides wearing green clothing, of course), but Gracie got into the spirit even more while I cleaned up breakfast. She went into her room and started reading "Green Eggs & Ham" aloud to herself. It was so cute! (Note: I would love to pretend that she completely understood the holiday and did this because of the holiday, but "Green Eggs & Ham" is a recent discovery from her book collection, so she was just reading it for the novelty of it. I'm 99% sure she had no idea that she was being spirited.) Anyway, I only caught a small part of her "reading"on video, but it was so cute. Before I started recording, she talked about "wit a fox, wit a box, wit a house" and other cute stuff. I've tried to translate her words below the video. Also, I apologize for the poor video quality--I was recording from down the hall, because as soon as she sees the camera, she wants to see pictures of herself, thus ruining any Kodak moment that had been occurring. So, without further adieu, enjoy!
0:16 "Eggs and ham!... Nummy!"
0:24 "Take a bite" [I think]..."Eat them AAAanywhere, eat them AAAanywhere" (repeated until the end of the video)
Happy Day, everyone!
5 comments:
If you have not read "Seriously, So Blessed" today, you definitely need to. She will teach you ALL ABOUT going ALL OUT for every holiday. Your kid is freakin' adorable, by the way. We just need to get super-duplex and then we can just share your kids so I can forget all this adoption business ;) Love you Leash!
That is so cute. What a great mom you are.
Green Pancakes?! We will have to try that one next year. We had Leprechan Milk this year. It was kind of creepy looking, but the kids liked it, AND...it made for a few very "festive" St. Patricks Day diapers! I love the video! Maybe you two could come over and read to my kids!
Didn't get to say this in the earlier post, but I wanted to, so you can say you actually had 13 posts for a record! :) CONGRATULATIONS! I am glad you are feeling better and all is going well. Babies are so exciting!
she is sooo cute! and good idea with the pancakes. i cant believe how big she's getting.
Post a Comment