Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Baby, what art thou?

You may have noticed the countdown and the poll to the right. We are (finally) getting close to our ultrasound appointment on April 8, and we can't wait to find out what we're having! (The countdown numbers are way off, too. I tried about 10 different countdown widget things that wouldn't show up on the blog, so I finally found one that would show up, but the time is off. I'll take what I can get.) In order to help you decide what you think we're having, I'll tell you a little about how the pregnancy has gone so far, and how it compares to my pregnancy with Gracie. They could be clues, or they could have nothing to do with what we're having, since we all know that every pregnancy is different. You be the judge.
  • As far as morning sickness goes, both pregnancies were about the same. I mostly just felt nauseous, but rarely threw up. I threw up 3 times with Gracie and once with this baby. The nausea ended right around 12 weeks with Gracie, but it lasted just a little longer with this baby.
  • I think I was a little more tired at the beginning with Gracie, but I was also working every day then. I also got most of my energy back at 12 weeks with her, but with this baby I still feel pretty tired most of the time (of course, I am chasing a toddler all day...).
  • I felt Gracie move around 19 weeks, and started feeling this baby move at about 14 weeks.
  • I have dreamt about having twin girls once, and I think I dreamt once of a baby girl and once of a baby boy.
  • With Gracie I craved fruits, salad, baked potatoes, Spaghettios, and sweets in general. With this baby, I have craved salad, pickles (really!), salty stuff, cheese, and meat. I'm starting to want sweets more recently, but that's probably just me eating too many and getting hooked on them! ;)
  • My complexion improved when I was pregnant with Gracie, but with this baby it's gotten worse (more breakouts, dry skin, etc.).
  • Dave and I are both hoping for a boy, and when I don't second-guess myself, I kinda think it's a boy. Dave has no premonitions about the gender. Oh, and Gracie has said a couple times that it's a boy baby. :)
Okay, that's all I can think of. Now, get out there and make your voices heard! :) We're excited to see what you all think.

Last but not least, here's a belly shot of me at 16 weeks. (I'm just over 17 weeks now.)

5 comments:

Staci said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm going to guess BOY, because I craved salty with Parker?! But you never know!? You look GREAT by the way!!! You look SKINNY 16 weeks pregnant! Not fair!

Tony and Traci said...

Cute belly shot! You are lookn' really good. I have been craving veggies, fruit, and cold stuff (ice water, frozen grapes, etc). I haven't really liked candy too much. I did a little in the beginning, but now it makes me feel icky. I hope you get your little boy. I can't believe that you have already started to feel your baby move. I', so happy for you guys!

adamandrebeccacoughran said...

you look great! my guess is, its a boy.. that way you can have the best of both worlds.

Rob and Jen said...

I'm gonna say it's a boy... just cuz I think you should get to have one of each! But of course another little Gracie would be SO FUN!!! You really can't go wrong, you know... =) Can't wait to find out!!! Love & miss you! =(

Anna said...

Hmm..for whatever reason, after reading about pickles, I was certain it was a girl. Call it a gut feeling...wait, haha...a "gut" feeling...hahaha.

You look beautiful!


Kind of random but the word verification for my comment was MOLAS. A Mola comes from Panama, where I was this past summer. And I have now in my possesion several molas. Ha!