So, here's a list of the awesome events that we are looking forward to:
- Dave's little sister Kristine will be graduating from BYU-I next month (April) with a degree in Child Development, and we're so proud of her!
- Dave's parents will be celebrating their 30th anniversary in June, and they are still very happily married. I think that's quite an accomplishment, don't you?
- Ten days after their anniversary, Dave and I will celebrate our 5th anniversary, which we're pretty excited about! :)
- Dave's brother Steven will be graduating from BYU-Provo in August with a degree in Finance, and we're proud of him too. He's had some really tough classes and has worked so hard for this!
- Dave's brother Mike, (aka Elder King), will return from his mission to El Salvador in October; he has faced challenges but has been humble and become such a blessing to the people there.
- As mentioned earlier, Dave's great-grandma will turn 100 on November 5! She is an amazing woman, and I'm sure we'll have quite the party to celebrate!
- We've been planning a big family trip to Disneyland for Christmas break 2009 (when Mike is back from his mission) for a couple of years now, so we're hoping that will happen. (Really, it has to, because Dave's dad already signed up for his free day at the park on his birthday--we can't miss out on that!)
Oh yeah! We didn't think the year would be busy enough, so we've decided to add another grandchild to the mix too!
That's right! We are expecting our 2nd child in September and are absolutely thrilled!
I think I'm about 12 weeks along, but will know more after my first doctor's appointment on March 12. (The doctor's office has been really slow about getting me in, which has been frustrating!) I'm starting to have more energy and less nausea, so that's always nice! I've even gotten through a couple days this week without a nap! Amazing! :) Anyway, here's a picture of me taken a couple of days ago, so we'll just call this my 12 week picture. (Ignore my face--I never know whether to smile or not in pictures like this!)
It's still not really real to us, although we did get to hear the heartbeat last week which was exciting! (I have a good friend who's a midwife and had the equipment at her house to listen to the heartbeat, so she offered to let us hear it.) It sounded nice and strong, which was so reassuring. We told Gracie about the baby a couple weeks ago, and she didn't really get it. I showed her my tummy and told her there was a baby in there, and she took her finger and poked it as she said, "Poke!" I guess the sibling rivalry has begun already! She also asks quite frequently if she can see the baby and has even given it a kiss once or twice. We think she'll be a wonderful big sister!
We're very excited for the year ahead and all the amazing things that will be happening!



12 comments:
Woo Hoo! Congrats, guys!
alicia- congrats! sooooooo exciting! you look so great, by the way!
CONGRATULATIONS!! That's so awesome! We are extremely happy for you!!
Congrats! How Exciting!
YAY! How exciting! Hopefully you aren't too sick--being tired is easier to handle for sure.
I have another niece/nephew coming in September as well! It'll be a busy month....guess that means it was a busy winter, eh? Hee hee.
I feel like I should apologize for the second paragraph....
congratulations! I'm excited for you. i'm sure grace will be a great big sister. i love the "poke" story. this must be documented for future generations. =)
That is so exciting! Congrats!
What awesome news!! Congratulations! You'll have to let me know what day in september you are due in bc I'm due on the 5th (for now). You guys have a lot of awesome things coming up this year. I'm excited for you
You guys are going to be busy! Sounds absolutely wonderful though! I am so happy for you and amazed that you can keep a secret for so long. I am terrible!
Love your posts, Ali-Bali-Bobali! You don't forget anyone or anything--you're so great to get all the updates on there! Of course you know how EXCITED we are about the new bambino! Can't wait for more updates... future Dr.'s appts., etc. LOVE YA TONS!!!
Congrats! Wow this is so exciting! That kid is so lucky! You guys are the coolest parents!
Valerie, I thought your comment was kind of funny. hehe.
Post a Comment