Thursday, May 01, 2008

Junk Food Junkie

As I've said before, Gracie loves to eat. However, lately it's been really hard to get her to eat anything that's not either sweet (she has a pb & honey sandwich every day for lunch), salty, and/or devoid of nutritional value. Dinner has especially been a challenge, because she'll rarely even taste what we're eating. She usually ends up drinking some milk and eating saltines or goldfish crackers for dinner, and then I feel guilty sending her to bed without a decent dinner. Arrrrghhhhh! But tonight we had success! I made some chili that, for some reason, tickled Grace's fancy, and she chowed down! I've tried to give her beans before to give her some good-quality protein, but she'd always lick one and then throw it on the ground and then continue to decorate the carpet with any other beans that I dared put on her tray. The beans were her favorite part of the chili though!

Now, I don't expect her to suddenly start eating everything I give her. In fact, I don't even expect her to eat the chili again. I know better than to get my hopes up like that. But I'll take what I can get, and at least I know that, right at this moment, her body has something nutritious to digest. It's a step in the right direction. :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jill said...

GO Gracie! I hate when I make a nice meal and Jenna doesn't like it. Then it's like I have to make another meal just to get her to eat something. Ugh! The chili look yummy! I think I would have scarfed it down, too!

Emily Kern said...

She is so big! Anna was a really picky eater for a while, she would only drink milk for her whole first year, wouldn't even try solids. The only thing she liked for a while after that was fried rice, and then she would only pick the onions and celery out and eat them. Weird.

Tony and Traci said...

I think I was one of those picky eaters. I think that I still am. I love all the new pictures that you have on it. She is so stinkn' cute! I especially love the one where she is walking with Dave. It reminds me of some photo that would inevitably go with a nice quote about daddies