New Food: She tried fruit snacks for the first time (that I'm aware of) last week at Mimi's house, and she loved them! (Who wouldn't?) She also had her first sampling of that All-American Cake from Costco (y'know, the one with like 5 layers of chocolate cake and 5 layers of ooey-gooey fudgey frosting, with big pieces of shaved chocolate on the outside?) because we had that at the family Mother's Day celebration. Amazingly, she liked that too. :)
Papi taught her how to rake. What a big girl!
New Injuries: Ooh, we had some bad ones this week! First, I smashed 3 of the fingers on her left hand in a kitchen cabinet! I had it open getting food out and she put her hand in the side where the hinges are, and I closed it on her! I felt so awful! Then the next day she slammed a drawer on her thumb (same hand), breaking the skin. Then, on Sunday Dave was playing "I'm Gonna Get You" with her, and she fell and got a rug burn just below her nose. I don't know why it got there and not her nose or lips, but anyway...it was sad. However, one cute thing that has come out of all these owies is that she likes to have us kiss her owies to make them all better. After she gets an owie, she says, "Owie...tiss?" and then one of us kisses it and she says, "Ah-behbee" to say "All better." It's so sweet!
Other: On Friday we went and visited Grammy & Gramps (Dave's paternal grandparents), and Gracie had a lot of fun playing in their backyard. They have a fun fountain that she loves to splash her hands in, and they always have juice, crackers, pudding, and all kinds of goodies that we don't have at home, so she loves it there! Here's a picture of her playing in the fountain.
Mother's Day: I guess this has more to do with me, but I had such a wonderful Mother's Day, thanks to Dave and Gracie. For my gifts, Dave took me to Michael's on Saturday to let me get a bunch of scrapbooking stuff that I'd been wanting for a while; then Gracie gave me some sidewalk chalk as a present so we can draw pictures outside together. :) On Sunday morning, Dave got up with Gracie and let me sleep in, and then they woke me up to breakfast in bed!
I'm such a lucky mommy!
Finally, here are some more favorite pictures from the week:
Gracie in her cute hand-me-down nightgown from her cousins.
This is what happens when you play in your crib for an hour
instead of sleeping--you fall asleep on the way INTO Target. :)
That's all, Folks! See ya next week!



5 comments:
I love her "L" words! That is too funny!
That is soo cute! I love the video. I'm glad that you had a good mothers day. I hope that you are doing well.
I'm glad you had such a wonderful mother's day! This must be the month of "owies" for babies...almost every baby I know has gotten some sort of booboo lately. You look so good Alicia! And your daughter is beautiful and growing up so fast. Hope you have a great week.
cute picture of you and grace! I love it!
I love that video! She is a doll!
Post a Comment