So, now for the major catch-up! I'm gonna start with Saturday, April 12 and move forward from there:
April 12 "Daddy-Daughter Date = Project Time for Mom!"
I've been wanting to do a little project for Gracie's room for a few months now, but it involved sanding/painting some wood, so it was hard to find time with Gracie around. Solution: Dave took Gracie on a date so I could have a few hours to work on the project! Yet another reason I know Heavenly Father wants families to have a mom AND a dad! ;)
Here they are headed off on their date
(My favorite part is the pink diaper bag over Dave's shoulder!)
They had a great time, and Gracie was a very good girl for Daddy! They ran a couple errands for me (I know--me being selfish again!) and then went to lunch at Del Taco. Gracie ate more than half of a (good-size) burrito, and by the time they got home she was asleep so Daddy put her straight in bed for a nap. So cute!
As some of you may know, I love ladybugs and started collecting them a few years ago. Then, when we found out we were having a baby girl, my wonderful mother-in-law bought us ladybug crib bedding and accessories! We were living with relatives when Gracie was born, so I didn't get to decorate a nursery until we moved out last year, and so I'm finally getting her nursery decorated like I've been planning for, well, about 22 months! :) Upon completion of this project, her nursery is finally complete!
So, I may not be Martha Stewart or anything (after all, I've never been to jail), but I was pleased with how it all turned out. :)
Wednesday, April 16 "Hangin' in San Francisco"
Gracie had a doctor's appointment in San Francisco on the 16th, and since driving in that city is a nightmare, Dave took the day off work to take us. (Thanks, Honey!) Plus, his sister Kristine had a friend in town visiting, so we took them along with us and made a day of it. First we went to Chinatown, which was pretty neat. (I'm sure it would've been neater, but we only had about an hour to spend there before we had to leave for the doctor's appointment.) We mostly walked through shops and looked at all the cool stuff they were selling. Oh, and the whole place smells like Chinese food, so we were all craving it by the time we left! After that we dropped the girls off at Golden Gate Park, took Gracie to her appointment (which went well), and then picked the girls up and went to Pier 39! Pier 39 is one of the piers along the coast, and it has tons of cool shops, restaurants, and attractions. We walked around for a couple of hours, had dinner, got ice cream, and then headed home. Below are some pictures of the trip. (They're in a web album, so just click on the box and the album should open. Once it opens, you can click on individual pictures to make them bigger. You're welcome, Mom.)
Thursday, April 17 through Saturday, April 26 "Trip to Arizona"
Then the next day Gracie and I headed to Arizona for a week and a half! My friend Valerie got married on the 19th, and I was able to be there with her, and then we stayed for another week just to hang out with my family. We had so much fun! I've made one album of the wedding festivities and another of us spending time with my family. My sister, Jenni, let us stay at her house, and it was so fun for Gracie to have other kids to interact with! I hope we can go back for another visit before too long!
Well, that's about it for now. I know I'm way overdue on Grace Watch--maybe in the next couple of days! I really should start working on, y'know, unpacking my suitcase and stuff! Bye!
(My favorite part is the pink diaper bag over Dave's shoulder!)
They had a great time, and Gracie was a very good girl for Daddy! They ran a couple errands for me (I know--me being selfish again!) and then went to lunch at Del Taco. Gracie ate more than half of a (good-size) burrito, and by the time they got home she was asleep so Daddy put her straight in bed for a nap. So cute!
As some of you may know, I love ladybugs and started collecting them a few years ago. Then, when we found out we were having a baby girl, my wonderful mother-in-law bought us ladybug crib bedding and accessories! We were living with relatives when Gracie was born, so I didn't get to decorate a nursery until we moved out last year, and so I'm finally getting her nursery decorated like I've been planning for, well, about 22 months! :) Upon completion of this project, her nursery is finally complete!
Ahhh! Finally done!
Oh, I s'pose I should tell you what I did. We bought the shelf unfinished at Michael's (thank you, 40% off coupon!) and we already had the bulletin board, but the wood was an ugly color. So I sanded and painted them each with two coats of paint. Then, after they were dry, I stapled the fabric onto the bulletin board and had Dave hang them up for me. I also painted the two little ladybugs that are hanging from the pegs. On the shelf (in case you can't tell) are a picture of Dave and me, a little ladybug "piggy" bank, a picture of Gracie, and an Anne Geddes ladybug baby.So, I may not be Martha Stewart or anything (after all, I've never been to jail), but I was pleased with how it all turned out. :)
Wednesday, April 16 "Hangin' in San Francisco"
Gracie had a doctor's appointment in San Francisco on the 16th, and since driving in that city is a nightmare, Dave took the day off work to take us. (Thanks, Honey!) Plus, his sister Kristine had a friend in town visiting, so we took them along with us and made a day of it. First we went to Chinatown, which was pretty neat. (I'm sure it would've been neater, but we only had about an hour to spend there before we had to leave for the doctor's appointment.) We mostly walked through shops and looked at all the cool stuff they were selling. Oh, and the whole place smells like Chinese food, so we were all craving it by the time we left! After that we dropped the girls off at Golden Gate Park, took Gracie to her appointment (which went well), and then picked the girls up and went to Pier 39! Pier 39 is one of the piers along the coast, and it has tons of cool shops, restaurants, and attractions. We walked around for a couple of hours, had dinner, got ice cream, and then headed home. Below are some pictures of the trip. (They're in a web album, so just click on the box and the album should open. Once it opens, you can click on individual pictures to make them bigger. You're welcome, Mom.)
![]() |
| San Francisco April 2008 |
Thursday, April 17 through Saturday, April 26 "Trip to Arizona"
Then the next day Gracie and I headed to Arizona for a week and a half! My friend Valerie got married on the 19th, and I was able to be there with her, and then we stayed for another week just to hang out with my family. We had so much fun! I've made one album of the wedding festivities and another of us spending time with my family. My sister, Jenni, let us stay at her house, and it was so fun for Gracie to have other kids to interact with! I hope we can go back for another visit before too long!
![]() |
| Valerie's Wedding April 2008 |
![]() |
| Trip to AZ, April 2008 |
Well, that's about it for now. I know I'm way overdue on Grace Watch--maybe in the next couple of days! I really should start working on, y'know, unpacking my suitcase and stuff! Bye!






2 comments:
Your project turned out SO cute. Good job! You're so inspiring... I'm looking around wondering what I can do to spruce things up around here. Missed your Grace Watches and glad you're back!
It was so good to see you when you were down to good old AZ! Hope to see ya again soon!
Post a Comment