Friday, July 08, 2005

Paul and Dorothy's Visit

Paul and Dorothy Nelson came to visit us here in Provo on June 29. The next day we relaxed a little bit, and since we decided to go to Rexburg the next day, we packed. (See Fam. Events) Well, since I covered the Rexburg trip in the Family Events blog, I'll continue where I left off. Sunday afternoon we sadly left Rexburg. On the way back to Provo we stopped in Honeyville (a.k.a. Hickville, Crazypeopleville, WhatHaveIGottenMyselfIntoVille, etc.) where some of Delbert's family lives. Since Delbert is the youngest of 12, the siblings of his that we visited were older (in some cases much older). There were so many people, children and dogs running around that I had trouble remembering my own name, let alone the names of everyone I met and their relation to everyone else. One family member, a member of the volunteer fire department, gave us an extremely thorough tour of the fire station. Any more information and I could have taken his job I think. Later that same fireman took the family out of doors to watch him light some fireworks. Turns out they were illegal, which means they were also dangerous. Only divine intervention kept the bush next door, the house across the street, the empty lot across the street, the family's roof and my hair from catching on fire due to the erratic nature of his bottle rockets and his proclivity to shoot them against the wind. How someone didn't get hurt when he lit that M1000 on the fence post and little fragments were shot against the second story windows is beyond me. Let's just say that it was an experience. I never realized exactly how many people are related to Alicia. Well, after a couple of hours, we continued our journey to Provo. Once again, like every night of Paul and Dorothy's visit, we arrived quite late and got to bed quite late. The next morning (at 3am) Paul packed the car and they returned to Mesa. Though they didn't really stay in our apartment for very much of their trip, it was nice to have some more people around. And it is always nice to have family around. Luckily for us, we have some more family coming in a couple of weeks. But that's another blog entry.

No comments: