Sunday, July 31, 2005
Mike's Visit
On July the 21st Alicia and I picked up Michael from Salt Lake International Airport at the beginning of his just over a week visit. Mike started complaining from the first minute. He got to the luggage retrieval before we did so he automatically accused us of being late. We drove around Salt Lake for a while trying to find a Wal-Mart or Jiffy Lube that was still open and would be able to get it done in time. After over and hour of traffic and construction areas, we finally found one. We didn't get service, however, until Alicia (and not myself) walked up to the guys. That evening we stopped for dinner and then went to my former roommate Neal Petersons' wedding reception. It was nice to see him, and he seemed happy. It's always fun to see an "anti-dating, I'm not getting married till I graduate" person get married. Anyway, right after we stopped at the reception we took the drive all the way up to Rexburg. We got there close to midnight and while Kristine was genuinely worried about our safety and very happy to see us, Steve was very upset that he was losing sleep. The next day we went to the library to get homework done. In spite of the lack of air conditioning in the library (they were working on it) we were able to get some stuff done. We were treated to lunch in the cafeteria a little later. Like Kris said in her blog, we got there just in time too. I've said it before and I'll say it again; those EFY kids are like locusts. Yuck! Over the next few days we spent more time in the library, played card games, played Settlers of Catan, went to a filthy river to watch people risk life and limb for a 3 second thrill when they jumped off, and had a BBQ. Mike and I even watched midnight movies together from our beds (the couches). Sunday we were priveledged to go to Sacrament Meeting with Kristine and hear her talk. She did such a wonderful job and looked not only cool, comfortable and confident, but like she had written a novel about what she was speaking. Unfortunately our visit in Rexberg ended early Monday morning. Mike, Ali and I took off and drove all the way back to Provo. Mike and I had grand adventures planned for our time when Ali was in class, but alas the video games called Mike's name and we didn't have many of those adventures. We did have 2 movie nights (1 in the theater) and a pizza night. Not to mention the milkshakes and trip to Winger's. Then on the 30th we had to take Mike back to the airport. He almost freaked out when we teased him about just dropping him off on the curb, but we walked him in and made sure than he got his ticket and his luggage checked. On the way home Alicia and I went to visit the Salt Lake City Temple. Overall it was a great trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment