Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Nobody better lay a finger...on my Butterfinger!

I was in the checkout line at the grocery store yesterday (I figured 2 months was long enough to go without buying more than just milk and fruit), and saw that some gracious soul had left a Butterfinger coupon there on the counter. Although Butterfinger isn't my favorite candy bar, I still think it quite delicious and thought, "Hmmm...maybe I could use this." Being the cynical person that I am, I figured the coupon wouldn't amount to much, or that I'd have to buy 3 dozen jumbo packs in order to use it or something. Upon closer examination, however, I discovered that it was good for $1 off a purchase of 2 Butterfinger products, including the regular-size candy bars. I looked at the candy display to my left, only to notice that....the store was selling Butterfinger bars at a sale price of 2 for $1! Obviously, I couldn't pass up the chance to get 2 candy bars "for freeeee" (name the movie), so I got them. Woohoo!

So, instead of my total at the grocery store being $71.62, it was (dum, dum, dum)..........................


$70.62!!!

I know, right?! I'm expecting a call from TLC any day now! I'm gonna be the next Extreme Couponing star!!!!! ;)

(Just so ya know, this is not meant to poke fun at my friends who are awesome at using coupons. I just had to document my lucky find! :) )

1 comment:

Jackson Family said...

you're so funny! free chocolate it good any day! =D