Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Christmas Festivities (I know, I know...)

Because of our fun visit to Arizona that didn't end until the middle of this month, during which we continued Christmas celebrations, I am just now posting pictures of our festivities! I'll try to be brief, using mostly pictures to depict our fun holidays!

The beginning of December, we went to Mimi & Grandpa's house and helped them put up some of their fun Christmas decorations.

Then we put up our decorations, including this tiny nativity from Aunt Jenni, which got to be "Gracie's" nativity. :) She set it up and everything! (You can tell by Joseph in the distance and the apparently offended wise man.) ;)


This is Daddy helping Gracie put her 2008 ornament on the tree.

We also had to take some time to sit back and relax, of course. (If you enlarge it, you may be able to see that Gracie is wearing Dave's slippers.)

And Gracie cracked everyone up at a family party by crossing her feet while coloring--so casual! (I know this really has nothing to do with Christmas, but it was hilarious!)

Then, we partied at Grammy & Gramps' house on Christmas Eve.
(above: Grace & Aunt Kristine twisting, below: Gracie's laptop from Gram/Gramps)


Then came Christmas morning!

We've been wanting a piano for several years, and lately Gracie has been especially interested in them, so we asked Santa for a keyboard and he came through! (Gracie even drew a picture for him so he would know what to bring!) The expression on her face says it all!

Gracie also wanted a baby doll (i.e. "bebe (pause) dawl!"), and was thrilled to get this one from Mommy and Daddy. Above she is hugging it in the box.

She was such a good mommy to test the bottle before giving it to the baby. :)


That evening, we celebrated at Mimi & Grandpa's house, and Gracie let Kristine and me color with her.



And Daddy was all tuckered out from being Santa's helper the night before! (That's his dad next to him.)

Okay, I'm gonna stop this post here. I have lots more pictures to share, but I'm going to spread them among several other posts. You're welcome!

2 comments:

Tony and Traci said...

I'm glad you had a great vacation. :) I love the pictures. Gracie is super cute (as always:) We're glad to have you back.

akidd said...

Precious! Your kid is awesome... kinda like her momma ;) Does one of you play the piano?