Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oh what do you do during Christmastime?

Hello folks! Sorry we haven't been posting much lately. In addition to the ants (who are no longer on the counter, but are camping out in the trash now), we've been dealing with finals (Dave), colds (Dave and me), kitchen-cleaner-in-eye-incident-resulting-in-pinkeye-looking-nastiness (me), no money (everyone, nowadays), and other craziness. On the bright side, though, we've still been enjoying the Christmas season and all the fun that comes with it. :)

So, this post is another tag, really, but one with a Christmas theme. I was tagged by Hidie a while back, with the 7 Random Things tag, but since I've done that one a couple of times I thought I would do a Christmas tag instead. (Survey courtesy of my mom via email.) Here goes!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial...someday we'll probably get a real tree, hopefully by cutting it down ourselves. :)
3. When do you put up the tree?
Ideally, the day after Thanksgiving (this year: December 13)
4. When do you take the tree down?
early January
5. Do you like eggnog?
no
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Barbie motorhome from my brother when I was about 8
7. Hardest person to buy for?
?
8. Easiest person to buy for?
Gracie, 'cause she loves everything :)
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
yes, three so far; we hope to increase that in the future
(not sure what happened to 10)
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I can't think of any bad ones; the worst I've heard of is an adult-sized bib (I know a guy who got one from his stepmom--awful, huh?)
12. Favorite Christmas Movies?
Muppet Christmas Carol, Santa Clause, ELF!!!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
November-ish
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
probably (I see no problem with it, as long as the gift was unopened and unused. Is that bad?)
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Turkey dinner with all the trimmings
16. Lights on the tree?
Yes, preferably colored
17. Favorite Christmas song?
O Holy Night
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Stay home on Christmas, travel to AZ soon after
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
Yes, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, Blitzen and Rudolph
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Star (although I don't have strong feelings either way - we just happened to find a star first)
21. Open presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Too much focus on "getting" and "stuff"
23. Favorite ornament theme or color
Never really thought about it; I love fancy ones with ribbon that matches
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Turkey
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
a clean, ant-free house :) Oh, and world peace, of course!

I tag anyone who wants to do this! Merry Christmas, everyone!

2 comments:

Anjanette said...

I'm so sorry you guys are still having ant problems. They are so hard to get rid of. Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Fun to read about your favorite Christmas type stuff, and what a cutie that Gracie has grown to be! I remember when you brought her over and now she's so big!
Love ya