Doesn't she look like a little cartoon mouse, with that poochy tummy?
New Word of the Week: Little Chatterbox has had many, many new words this week. In fact, I read in one of my parenting books that this age is called the "Language Explosion," and I'm starting to understand why. Here are some of the new words she's saying (with her pronunciation in parentheses): open/closed (o-men, towsed), ladybug (bay-bug), BYU (ee-why-oo), strawberry (bah-bury), Belle - aka Beauty (bell), church (tich), and, my personal favorite, precious (pre-pish). She tries to say just about everything, and it's so fun!
New Food of the Week (and Grace's reaction): This week was peanut butter. I actually tried it with her a couple of weeks ago, but she got a rash and I freaked out because I thought she was allergic. However, we went to the doctor for something else and he said that it was probably just a fever rash from the cold/fever she had had the week before. Whew! Needless to say, she hasn't had any negative reactions to the peanut butter since, and she absolutely loves the stuff. Plus, it's nice for me because it's another source of protein to give her besides dairy stuff (she doesn't like the texture of most meats).
Enjoying graham crackers with peanut butter.
New Injury of the Week: I stand corrected. She went a week without any physical injuries! She had an emotional injury of sorts, though. Last week at church she went to Nursery for the first time (yay!) and had a great time! However, this week she was pretty tired (we have church at 1 P.M., and she hadn't had a nap), and she started sobbing not too long after we dropped her off. She was inconsolable, and since I was in Primary, Dave brought her home and put her down for a much-needed nap. That was her emotional trauma for the week. :( However, on a happier note, during her first day in Nursery, she colored a picture and got to put it on our fridge for all to admire--so cute!
Adventure of the Week: Our adventure this week was another walk, but this time we went to Grammy and Gramps's house. (They are Gracie's great-grandparents who live nearby.) It was about 20 minutes walking each way, and I was definitely ready to be the one in the stroller by the time we got home, but it was fun. We got to visit with Grammy and Gramps, and they gave us some of the oranges from their tree to bring home. Gracie especially liked that part, because oranges are her favorite fruit (well, maybe tied with bananas)! Also, Gracie learned a new way to walk: with Grammy and her cane! Gracie held onto the bottom and Grammy held the top, and Gracie moved it whichever direction she wanted to go. It was adorable, but I didn't have the camera, unfortunately. Oh well.
New Skills/Tricks: Gracie has learned to tickle Dave and me. She'll walk up and grab our feet and start laughing, and it takes us a minute to figure out what she's doing ('cause it doesn't really tickle), but once we do we start laughing. She likes that she can get back at us for all the times that we tickle her.
Also, although she walks by herself, she still loves to push her little "car" around the house. Now, though, there are sound effects. She walks around and says, "Noom, noom!" (That's "zoom, zoom," like a car says.)
(This was on Halloween--no recent pix of her with her car.)
Gracie's hair is longer now, so I tried putting it in a "real" ponytail. It was pretty cute for about 15 minutes, and then she took a nap and it all came out of the rubber band. Oh well!
See ya next week!



1 comment:
I love it! Grace is so smart and so fun to read about. I seriously look forward to Grace Watch each week!!
Post a Comment