Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Mixed Feelings



I know there's nothing wonderful I can say about President Hinckley that hasn't already been said, but I felt like writing about him anyway. This picture illustrates one of the many things I loved about President Hinckley--his sense of humor! (By the way, this is him "dubbing" Henry B. Eyring as a member of the First Presidency, October 2007.) I always looked forward to hearing him speak because I knew that, in addition to receiving spiritual guidance and knowledge, I would also get a few laughs. :) He was such a positive man, and I have tried to be more positive and optimistic because of him. Anyway, I have mixed feelings because I will definitely miss hearing him speak to the Church, but I am mostly SOOOO happy for him that he can now be with his wife, parents, and other loved ones. I know that the Church is in God's hands and it will continue to grow and flourish. :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey Alicia! Thanks so much for your comment! I am so glad you found me. I love that we can keep in touch with so many people from high school and college through blogs. Now that I know yours I will check back often! Your daughter is beautiful...she has your eyes!