Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Pumped Up Kicks

Around here, we've become fans of this song by the band Foster The People. (I don't know if it's bad. I mostly can't tell what they're saying. Do me a favor and don't tell me if it's about something bad. Thanks.) The title of this song is "Pumped Up Kicks," and the first part of the chorus is "All the other kids with their pumped-up kicks....", which can be found at about 1:08 of the video I linked to above. And, again, I have no idea what the words are after that. But we don't need to know that for the purposes of this post.

On to the important part. Being a member of our little family, Gracie has also become a fan of this song. She has interpreted the lyrics in a different way, though. Please watch the video to hear her version (with actions!). You won't regret it.





Yes, she sings it "hump dump kicks." (In the video I said "hump Jump kicks," but I had it wrong.) And, being the imaginative being that she is, she invented a "hump dump kick" and performs it for us regularly. Dave and I have to catch ourselves whenever that song comes on the radio, so we don't sing the right words. Because it would be a shame for her to get them right. :)

1 comment:

Jackson Family said...

That is adorable. That song is a favotire in our household also.