But wait, Halloween's not over! I know. But we've attended nearly all our Halloween festivities AND I have pictures AND I have time to post. It's a sign from the universe that if I don't post now, it's not gonna happen.
Gracie's been asking about trick-or-treating since, uh...January, so this past week has been one of her favorites ever. She LOVES dressing up and LOVES candy and LOVES talking to people, so what activity best allows for all three of those things? Trick-or-treating! Plus, my sister has given us lots of hand-me-down costumes, so it's fun to have an excuse to use them!
Our first activity was the nursing moms group at the hospital! It meets every Tuesday, and I like to go when I can, so this past week the girls dressed up as Snow Whites (yes, plural) and off we went! :) It was fun to see the cute babies there and enjoy the "theme" treat--Milky Way. ;)
 |
| Me and my girls! |
Then on Thursday, we went with Nana to the Halloween activity at the library, where they sang songs, told stories, and let the kids trick-or-treat through the library! (Gracie was a bumblebee and Katie was a spider.) And the best part was seeing our friends Bobby, Abby, Kaiya, and Pyper there! Woohoo!
 |
| Trick-or-treating (those costume bums are just too cute!) |
 |
| Gracie and Kaiya |
 |
| Gracie, Katie, and friends :) |
On Friday I got ambitious and made roll-out cookies with Gracie, and I remembered why I don't often get ambitious about this particular activity. So much work, so much "don't do that...don't lick your fingers...no more cookie dough...ahhh, don't touch that...ok, really, no more cookie dough" and the like. But really, when I see this face, it reminds me why it really
is worth it. :)
 |
| Pumpkins and bats and ghosts, oh my! |
Then Saturday afternoon we went to the Halloween carnival downtown (the girls were Snow Whites again). We were just expecting a few little booths and some candy, but found out that a lot of the businesses were letting kids trick-or-treat at their stores, so we got to walk around and meet new people and get LOTS of candy. It was raining, so that was a bit annoying at times, but we had such a great time that it was very worth it!
 |
| Katie Snow White, clearly thrilled about trick-or-treating in the rain |
 |
| Gracie Snow White, clearly thrilled about having her hand painted (except, really, she was) |
Finally, this evening we had a Halloween party and dinner at the church! We had yummy salad, chili, and cornbread; played games; and then got to trick-or-treat to the classroom doors around the building. :) My favorite part of this party, though, was that we ALL dressed up this year and had a great time being......PIRATES!!! Arrrrrgh! My sister found these adorable costumes on clearance last year and gave them to us, and Dave and I found our incredible costumes at (do-do-dooo) Goodwill! I've never really been one to dress up for Halloween, but it turns out that it can be pretty darn fun!
Tomorrow night we're headed to Dave's grandparents' house for Halloween dessert (where they will, once again, be Snow Whites--poor, deprived children, only 3 costumes each this year). If there are any blog-worthy photos, I'll be sure to post them. But either way, rest assured that we've had a GREAT Halloween!
Happy Halloween!!!
8 comments:
What cute costumes! Looks like such a great Halloween. I love it!
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun this year. sure miss ya.
Y'all make an awesome pirate family! I'm glad you had a fun Halloween!
Fun, fun, FUN! Such cute little ladies! By the way, I don't think I can ever eat a Milky Way again!!! LOL
How fun!! We missed the library...had to cut some stuff out because I WAY overbooked!
So much fun to dress up. I love the pirate costumes, but I may be partial because that is the same one Katelyn had last year.
Pirate costume is my favorite!
What a fun mom you are! It's like halloween lasted a whole week! I love it.
When I first read "costume bums" I thought you were referring to the persons in costume bumming for candy at the library. Then I realized you meant the adorable little costumed bums modeled by your offspring. So cute.
Post a Comment