Sunday, August 22, 2010

A little of this, a little of that (but mostly pictures)

I've kinda given up on blogging about all our summer happenings. But I have to post some pictures, so here are a few that I've told my mom I would post, and the rest of you are just lucky and get to see them too! :)

 Here are Gracie's "click-clack" shoes that Daddy bought her
(She had some plastic ones that were covered in tape because they kept breaking, so Daddy bought her these nice little heels that she LOVES. And, I'm ashamed to say, she's better at walking in heels than I am.)

Gracie at the Oakland Temple
She couldn't understand why she couldn't go in. We told her that to go in, you have to be a big person, and then you can talk to the Bishop and he gives you a special card so you can go in. She waited a few minutes and said, "I'm bigger now!" and then started begging us to call the bishop so she could get a special card from him!
 Our church schedule keeps Katie from napping most Sundays. This day, she was OUT on the way home from Nana and Papi's house that evening.
Katie likes noodles and tomato sauce. You probably couldn't have guessed from this picture.
She also likes to eat apples. As in, entire apples. One day she found an apple that Gracie had left on her table, and she started eating...
and eating...
and eating...
until this is all that was left:
Yeah, pretty amazing!

And speaking of produce, check this action out!
That's a zucchini that grew in Dave's parents' garden, and they gave it to us. So, I made zucchini brownies, zucchini pancakes, and 3 loaves of zucchini bread. That should've taken care of it, huh? Well...
...not quite. Oh well!

My mom found an adorable swimsuit for Katie, and just had to send it over. It just happens that Gracie had a swimsuit that matched very well. So, here are the pictures, Mom!
(I should've put Katie on the other side of Gracie--then it would've looked like the American flag!)
There's Katie, showin' some skin.
And finally, a picture of my darling Gracie-girl:

Have a great day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, thanks for updating! I love reading your blog. Ali you look so pretty in the picture with Katie sleeping. Grace looks like she has been growing like crazy! Can't wait to see you guys when ever that is. I need to finishing updating my blog from my summer adventures, I'm such a slacker! ~Kristine

adamandrebeccacoughran said...

they are getting so big!! i love the high heel story... she is such a funny girl.. and that zucchini!!! crazy!!!

akidd said...

Is it me, or are your children almost as big as you are?! Sorry, Leash, but I MISS making fun of your shortness. Fortunately I have an awesomely short bishop to make fun of in your absence, but it's not the same. Katie is getting so big! What a doll! And Gracie... is she the biggest ham or what?! She totally sports this crazy huge grin in every single picture. Hilarious! Thanks for the pics and update!

Valerie said...

I love everything about this post from the sleeping baby and disappearing apple to the non-disappearing zucchini and the cute swimsuits. Oh, and the temple thing is adorable. Am I the only one who finds it odd, though, that people make heels that small?? Wow!

Katie said...

What a fun blog! I totally keep forgetting to add your blog to my list. I'm going to go do it right now! Fun stuff!

Rob and Jen said...

I love it all!!! I'm so glad you're sharing all these things--makes me feel like I'm not missing QUITE so much!