Thursday, April 23, 2009

10 Reasons Why I'm Happy NOW...

As everyone is aware, it's hard to find positive things out there right now. The economy's bad, leaders of nations and companies are doing immoral things, horrible wars are raging, etc. Sometimes it gets to me, so I've decided to find 10 reasons that I'm happy right now and write about them to help me recognize some of my many blessings. Please don't think this is an attempt to brag or boast--I just want to be grateful for what I have. :)

1. My house is fairly clean. This morning I had a messy kitchen, sink and dishwasher full of dirty dishes, and a cluttered family room. Thanks to a nice, long nap on Gracie's part, both rooms now look much better. Which leads me to number 2...


2. Gracie still takes good naps. I'm not sure when most kids stop napping, but I'm grateful that, for now, Gracie takes a nap every afternoon. Plus, she never fusses about it. Sometimes I'll hear her talking to herself for half an hour or so as she winds down, but she eventually falls asleep and rests soundly. This gives me time to clean, read blogs, or (more likely) take my own nap. I love it!

3. The semester is almost over! Dave is sitting in his last class period of the semester right this minute, and after that he only has 2 finals, and then he's done with the semester! This set of classes has been much more time-consuming than his last set, but he's worked so hard and is getting awesome grades. I'm so proud of him! Plus, although he's taking classes this summer, they're all online, so we'll get to see more of him!


4. Prayers are getting more fun all the time! Okay, I guess I should clarify. Gracie can say prayers pretty much on her own these days, and you just never know what's gonna come out of that little mouth. Blessings have been bestowed upon Veggie Tales, Dora, Daddy at school, Daddy in the phone, Aunt Krissy in the phone, "macanoni AND grapes AND milk", Nana AND Papi AT work (when they were out of town in Idaho), the bouncy ball, the bib, and many more deserving people/items. She's also been known to end others' too-lengthy (in her opinion) prayers by prematurely declaring "AMEN!" Fun times. :)


5. I have a little buddy with me 24 hours a day. And I'm not talking about Gracie. I love being pregnant and feeling this little baby move inside me all day long. The movements are getting pretty strong (which worries me slightly for down the road...), and Dave can even feel them on a regular basis now! The other day the baby was pushing its whole body outward, so I started rubbing it and it stayed there for a couple minutes. It was cute to think that I got to do our first "infant massage" already. :)

6. We have air conditioning. The weather has been pretty hot the last few days, and I heard somewhere that pregnant women feel 10 degrees hotter than others do, so I've definitely been feeling it. Thankfully, we have fans and A/C, so I've been able to get through it. Plus, when it gets really hot later on (and I get really huge), our apartment complex has a pool, as do Dave's grandparents, so I will be living in one of those two locations constantly in order to stay cool. :)

7. I'm healthy. I feel so awful for women who have miserable and/or risky pregnancies, and I'm so grateful that this one is going well for me and the baby. We had a couple complications with Gracie (as you might have guessed, judging by the surgeries she had as a newborn), but so far, everything is going great with this babe thusfar.

8. I have wonderful friends and family. There are too may wonderful people in my life to try and list everyone here, but I'm glad for the unconditional love of all my family and the support I get from friends in my ward. Thank you all for making my life more enjoyable and happy!


9. This little cherub. I know everyone thinks they're child is amazing and wonderful and beautiful, but I truly am so blessed to get to spend my days with Gracie. She is such a sweet little girl, and I truly believe that Heavenly Father made her that way before she came, rather than that she became that way because of wonderful parenting. She teaches me so much, and I only hope I can help her stay sweet and wonderful throughout her life.


10. This wonderful man. I don't know what I'd do without Dave. He is my constant support and encouragement. He works so hard at everything he does, but still makes time for me and tells me every day how beautiful and amazing I am. He is perfect for me, and I'm so excited that we can be together forever. :)

5 comments:

adamandrebeccacoughran said...

I love reading stuff like this. It makes me really reflect on what im grateful for. Oh and by the way.. I am sooo jealous that you guys have a pool! I miss living in Turlock!

Jill said...

So nice! Thanks for sharing. It helps remember what's really important. miss you guys!

Tony and Traci said...

What an awesome post. I would say that you are pretty fortunate as well. :) Its nice to know that even in a world full of chaos that there are a few good things that keep us going.

How it all started... said...

i know what you mean about feeling so good during pregnancy. makes you so grateful for your health! i love the comment about prayer time. it's amazing how little kids are just like sponges. love the blessing of the stuffed animals and toys. so cute! we're teaching brooklyn prayer and she's learning...slowly. it's fun though!

Anonymous said...

I have to say I feel so lucky and am thankful for such a wonderful sister. Looking back it seems like you have been in the family forever and I am greatful you will be in the future forever! I can't wait to hang out this Fall, love you sis!