Monday, October 13, 2008
7 Random Things Tag
I was tagged by Crystal. :)
Sorry I haven't written any updates for a while! To remedy this, I thought I would make this a "7 Random Things that have happened to us recently" post, since I did this post a little while back, and I'm not sure anyone can handle 14 random things about me. ;) So here we go!
1.Dave and I have been craving donuts for a while now, but one time I made the mistake of looking at nutrition facts for donuts or something, so I couldn't bring myself to buy donuts. We compromised, though, and walked to the donut shop (just over 1/2 mile each way), helping to burn at least some of the calories we consumed. :) We got Gracie her own cake donut with Halloween sprinkles, and she devoured the whole thing!
2. Our tomatoes are finally growing! We planted a cherry tomato plant back in May, and all summer long we'd have maybe one tomato at a time, but the past few weeks it has exploded and has about 20 developing tomatoes at any one time. We're pretty excited, even though it's a late bloomer.
3. The apartment above ours is home to a little old Assyrian lady who doesn't speak more than a few words in English. She's such a sweetheart, but Gracie is scared to death of her! (And to be honest, I can't blame her too much. I'm a little scared sometimes too.) She loves Gracie and keeps trying to get her to like her, so she'll get really close to her and say stuff in her language that sounds like, "Boosha, boosha, boosha, boosha!" (which I'm assuming is what she would say to an Assyrian baby). A couple weeks ago she saw us getting in the car to go to church, and came over to say hi to Gracie, who was already strapped into her carseat. That really freaked Gracie, because she could neither move nor bury her head in my shoulder. She instantly started wailing, and I felt so bad for both of them! We try to tell Gracie that everything is fine and that the lady is nice, but for now she wants nothing to do with her. Maybe when she's older...
4. This weekend we had quite the adventure! Our fridge/freezer broke (on Friday night, of course!), and all our food started thawing! Thankfully, Dave's parents let us put the important stuff (like meat and ice cream ;) ) in their freezer until we got in touch with our manager. It took until Saturday evening to get another one, but at least we got one! Two positive things: (a) I didn't have to wait for the butter to soften--just took it out of the fridge and it was soft as can be :), and (b) We had to get Panda Express for dinner on Saturday, since I had no food to cook with. Darn!
5. About a month ago, I got called as the secretary in the ward Young Women presidency. I had been in Primary for two years, so it's been quite a change, but I've loved it! My main responsibilities are to keep track of Personal Progress and to teach the Beehives twice a month. The other leaders are all 10-15 years older than I am, and 3/4 of the girls are taller than I am, so I kinda feel like I'm just one of the girls! I'm excited to learn and grow right along with them!
6. Dave also received a new calling as one of three stake "tech guys" (he's not sure if there's an official name for his position). Basically, they take care of setting up equipment (projectors, TV's, language translating stuff, etc.) whenever there's a broadcast or stake conference. It is definitely his favorite calling to date, and he loves getting to work with two guys who are just as tech-savvy as he is. :)
7. Finally, I'll share one random fact about me: my favorite food of all time is fresh pineapple. I like canned pineapple, especially Dole and Del Monte brand, but if I had a choice I would always choose fresh. The ironic thing is that eating fresh pineapple causes Dave's tongue to kinda go numb (in that he can't taste anything afterward), so we don't have fresh pineapple around here too often. I take advantage if we go to a restaurant that serves it, though!
Now I tag Kristine, Traci, Wendi, Laura, Ashlee, Anna, and Jenni.
**Oops, I just noticed that I linked Traci to the wrong site. Sorry, Traci! I think I fixed it now!**
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment