Friday, October 26, 2007

40 Months and Counting :)


Hello blogging friends!

So, I've been having trouble coming up with things to write about on the blog. It's silly, I know, but oh well. Well, today I thought of something: today is Dave's and my 40-month anniversary! Woohoo! It has been a terrific 40 months, and I look forward to many more to come. :) In celebration of this much-anticipated anni(monthi-?)versary, I thought I'd do a tribute to my wonderful husband! (By the way, I copied this from Anna Woolf Botts' blog--just thought I'd give credit where credit is due.)

ODE TO MY HUSBAND!

1. Who is your man? David Randall King

2. How long have you been together? married: 40 months, known each other: ~4.5 years!

3. How long did you date? we knew each other for about 9 months before we started dating, then we dated for 3 months, got engaged, then were engaged for 3 months before our wedding

4. How old is your man? 26

5. Who eats more? Usually him, unless I'm stressed or pregnant :)

6. Who said I love you first? He did – January '04

7. Who is taller? Dave

8. Who sings better? I'm not sure.

9. Who is smarter? We each have different talents. He's smarter at computer/technical things; I'm probably more book-smart.

10. Who's temper is worse? Dave, slightly

11. Who does the laundry? I do (after all, he's at work or traveling to or from at least 60 hours a week)

12. Who does the dishes? He rinses and puts the dishes in the dishwasher; I do any hand-washables.

13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? me

14. Who pays the bills? Dave

15. Who has bigger feet? Dave

16. Who has longer hair? me

17. Who is better at the computer? DAVE, for sure!

18. Who mows the lawn? We don't have a lawn, only a small backyard with an assortment of weeds!

19. Who cooks dinner? I do most of the time.

20. Who drives when you are together? Dave

21. Who pays when you go out? Dave

22. Who is most stubborn? Oooh, that's a toughie--depends on who you ask! ;)

23. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? We're the perfect couple--no disagreements here! (Riiiiight!) I think I might be first to admit it. I dunno.

24. Whose parents do you see the most? Dave's. We live about a mile from them and about 700 from mine. It just makes sense.

25. Who kissed who first? Dave kissed me first :)

26. Who asked out who? Dave asked me out...but I was pretty good at hinting that he should ask me out. :)

27. Who proposed? Dave did, on March 20, 2004; although I proposed to him first on Leap Day, 'cause I heard about some rule that women could ask men to marry them on Leap Day. I proposed with his CTR ring and he accepted, but it wasn't official until he asked me. :)

28. Who is more sensitive? I think I am

29. Who has more friends? me

30. Who has more siblings? Dave has 4, I have 2

31. Who wears the pants in the family? Dave says I do, but that it's okay because he prefers shorts anyway. (I love his sense of humor!)

I love you, Dave!

Alicia :)

P.S. This picture was taken on our 2nd anniversary (6-26-06), about a week before I had Gracie. I couldn't find too many others of just the two of us-- Gracie always seems to find a way into our pictures! ;)

4 comments:

Anna said...

Well you can hardly blame yourself for having so many pics of Gracie. She's adorable. I really hope I come out and see you guys sometime. Nate's parent's live in Pleasant Hill. And I know you guys are pretty close, right?

Anna

P.S. You're sweet to credit me. Even though, I think I stole from someone else's random blog...

elizabeth said...

Hey Alicia! I'm glad I found your blog through Heidi's. It seems like just yesterday that we were all little kids at Franklin. It's so fun to see how much everyone has grown and to see their babies and spouses. I love it. I would normally say, "Hope you're doing well" but it's obvious you are!

Anonymous said...

Hey Alicia,
I agree with Liz, it seems like only yesterday we were all at Franklin being those "Franklin Freaks." And then I remember those days at Mesa High and all of the Ghetto Friends..awe good memorires!
Well I'm glad that you finally updated your blog j/k! We all need to get together sometime! Are you coming down for Christmas?

Alicia said...

Yeah, Gracie and I are coming for the week after Christmas--the Ghetto's will definitely have to get together! In the meantime, I'll try to be better about updating my blog!